Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ranting on the Moment

One more week, that is all we have before we can find relief from all of this political chaos. It seems like every where you look someone is tearing someone else down. Don't get me wrong. I find it important to know about those running for offices what they stand for, and their character. I believe it is important to cast your vote to make your voice be heard.

However, some of the stuff I have seen on facebook recently is just becoming overwhelming. It seems like each elections draws a deeper divide between people. Elections bring out the ugly in people. I have family members from every side of the fence. All demanding respect, but it seems today that the respect that is demanded demands that another's respect is lost. People wonder what this world is coming to but have no problem adding to the chaos in the name of demanding respect. What ever happened to respecting ones right to live the teachings of the Bible and the commandments of God? They want to take God out of everything, that takes from the rights of those who love and worship Him. There are those that want to change the eternal physics of the family. Then I find there are even things being taught to youth that are bizarre beyond words.

There are people out there that stand and defend my beliefs loudly...they beat it till its dead to dead ears. The truth is, the wicked do take the truth to be hard. The truth is today more than ever you need to understand, and know what and why you believe something, because the moment you walk out that door, open facebook, turn on the news....the list goes on, there are people who are going to challenge your views, your beliefs, your very being. They have absolutely no problem calling good evil, and evil good. There seem to be no consequences for doing so. This does not change however  the promises of our Savior. Those who are mistaken will one day admit they are wrong, just as they have in the past.

Thanks for your time. Signing off for the night. Happier thoughts ahead...soon I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment