I love this time of year! The weather is cooling, and we have the opportunity to sit at the feet of the apostles for a weekend and soak up the spirit! (Except when little ones demand of our time and attentions.) Each time I discuss the teachings with others it seems we each took something different from them.
For this conference I felt like the things that spoke most to me are spending time with family and looking for the needs of others. I posted a blog entry of another mom who realized the importance of spending time with family over the computer. After listening to several talks this weekend I feel a renewed desire to "Do" rather than think about doing. I need to do more with my children, rather than spending time on the computer.
I have noticed this past week how much time I waste on here. I "pin" all of these great ideas to do with my children, yet they go undone, because I continue to look for great ideas. If I wait too long to do what I have pinned they will be too big to enjoy what I could do now. The point is I just need to start doing.
Yesterday In Pres Uchtdorf's talk he talked about the importance of actually doing. It is great to facebook and things, but it is better to do things in person sometimes. I feel sometimes I am trying to keep in touch with all of these people that mean a lot to me and then realize that many times I am missing out on opportunities that I could be doing with my children, who in reality need my attention more. I think I need to do less face book time and more real time. I need to Pin less and do more. I only have so much time. One day my children will be all grown, and I don't want to have regrets in their department.
So I am mainly putting this out here, so I can return to it and remind myself what is really important and find a different way to begin filling my time. Thanks for your time, I hope you were able to enjoy Conference as well, I bet you learned some awesome lessons for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment