Friday, October 5, 2012

Family Colors

Being a mother is something I enjoy more than anything! I love watching our children grow and experience life. It ceases to amaze me how different and unique each child is. I have enjoyed each of the older boy's personalities as he becomes "the big brother" or "man" of the house. Even the younger ones are fun to observe.

I have two that are very unique thinkers, the way they observe the world intrigues me. Both tend to be almost extreme black and white in their thinking, however, one has absolutely no fear and barely gives life a chance to sneak up on him, while the other is very cautious and deliberate on his approach to life. These two are considered to be middle children.

Two of the children are take charge and don't like others to tell them how to do things, they are both very creative in their approach to things, they live creatively and their surroundings are more eclectic, and a bit disorderly. Either one has the "it's my way or the highway" approach with their other siblings. These two are the oldest ones.

I have three avid readers! All of them like stories, reading, and being read to, but the three in particular have had to be asked to put down books to either do home work, participate in their classes at school, or participate in a meal with the family. These are randomly placed individuals, no rhyme or reason here.

There are three who especially love when the family can get together. One is more reserved in showing this, while the other two are more overwhelming aware of it and try to make everyone else aware as well. As the last two watch older siblings grow and move on they have struggles, but are learning that the others return. I think it is harder for one because everyone is so spread out in distance, while for the other he is just used to having everyone there to adore and entertain him...both of the later two being the youngest's (not quite sure how to put that one *grin*).

One of the children has a hard time recognizing the talents they have been blessed with, only because their talents aren't musical, or molly moe. However that isn't the case, when the try things they are almost always a hit. This one works great with a verity of personalities and because of this is often lifting and helping those that are "lost causes".

We also have two that are tender hearted. They are at times overly sensitive when others say or do things. But have a way of saying things themselves in a manner that can come off less than sensitively. They are interesting to watch sometimes. 

All eight of our children have amazing attributes they bring into our family dynamics. Each of them add a color to the tapestry we are weaving together. The tapestry I speak of is becoming more and more beautiful. I love those times I am able to step out of the moment and God gives me a small glimpse of how the tapestry is coming together. I realize I am only receiving glimpses but they are enjoyable all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment