Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Thoughts on Friends and Eternity

So, here is something to think about. The other night my husband and I ran into some friends. Our conversation turned to 'near death experiences' our friend was sharing about a book he had recently read (forgive me, I can not recall the title.) As we discussed it he brought up how the gentleman talked of the other side and how he ran into friends who had come centuries before him and how he knew they had been good, dear friends.

Now to today. My mind has been all over the place with this. I have friends today that are spread all over the world. Some have passed on, some are near. We are each in our own seasons however and due to those seasons we are often caught up in our own "bubbles". Once in a while these bubble collide, with some more than others. You have heard the thought how we have some friends that enter our lives for a moment, and others that are there an extended time and those that come and go.

For at least a couple of decades now I have been telling friends of mine that I am having a huge BBQ on the second Saturday in the Celestial Kingdom, I hope to see them there (I hope I don't let anyone down and not make it myself.) I am not a fan of "good-byes". (I remember as a child feeling close to one of my great aunts and crying my eyes out because she had to leave the following morning and I knew it would be the last time that I would see her. She was from England. And it was the last time I saw her.) Recently I had a friend move away, as I invited her I thought to myself  "I wonder how many people are actually going to take me up on this (let alone remember.) and will be there?" (I plan on extending this invitation till the day I die.)

Back to the conversation with My hubby and our friends. I wonder how many of my brothers and sisters that have come before me are dear friends. I have been transcribing Headstones with my father of people from around the world. How many of them were my friends in the pre-earth life? Then I look at where I am at this moment in my life. I have friends, but with the seasons we are living right now, be it raising children, going to school, working, helping with grand children, nieces and nephews, mere distance or what ever else one may have on their daily agenda; they feel distant at times. There are times I feel a longing to be surrounded by them.

Last weekend I met some friends that I felt I had been close to before. There was a feeling of friendship I have not felt in such a long time. I felt at home when I visited with them, like I was totally accepted for me.
I wonder at times how when I have such a hard time keeping up with everyone now how it will be on the other side with so many more kindred spirits. I imagine we will be busy with continued learning and our Father's work. I hope that we are able to enjoy loved ones and dear friends more easily.

Just some of my thoughts as of late.

2 comments:

  1. Looooooove this post! I'm so at that bbq :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this post is very thought provoking. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!! You are so amazing, and I am thankful we are friends. Even though we saw each other a year ago, I'm ready for a second visit :)

    ReplyDelete