Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Resolutions

Okay. This entry is an admission that I am a Pinterestohlic to a degree. I would like to think I have cut back. Let's be honest though I need to make some serious changes when it comes to electronics and all that comes with them.

For the past little bit I have been feeling like my electronic devices own me, rather than the contrary. It is embarrassing to think of the time I have been wasting on them. It is ridiculous actually.

Tonight I came across a pin "40 bags in 40 days". The link lead to suggestions on how to declutter and simplify. As I read it I realized that I have totally, wholeheartedly bought into our societies consumer attitude. My house is full of stuff. So much so that I look around and become overwhelmed with how much I have accumulated. A heavy guilt comes over me when I think of purging because of the money spent.

As I read the blog, the writer said it has become easier for her to shop with a purpose, and in so doing easier to avoid those shops that are her traps. My trap online/stores are Pick your Plum, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Joanns. I have people cracking jokes about it, it's that bad. Employees know me by name *sigh*.

I have decided it is time to do something about it. Tonight I began by unsubscribing to my online endulgences. So tomorrow when I go look at my inbox it will be empty. There may be some withdrawals here, but I will get over it. I will. I will no longer stop in on my pleasure shops unless I have a specific project in mind, and then I will only purchase what I need to execute it. My desire is to stop wasting money, time and energy and start living life.

Tomorrow I will begin to tackle areas. I will draw up a plan and execute it. I need to simplify my life. I have been feeling like I am drowning. I need to take control, tonight was as good as any other. Let the decluttering begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment