The other day I saw a poster on Pinterest which read:
"Behind every great kid is a mom who's pretty sure she is screwing up."
With that I have been pondering lately how well I am doing as a mother. For the five older children I can't take a whole lot of credit. Mainly the older three were grown when I came into the picture. And for the younger two I was pregnant or bringing the younger three into the picture. The older five are setting over all amazing examples for the younger crew, going to the temple, actively involved and serving in their wards, and strong testimonies. What more can a parent ask.
The younger three have lessons to learn. I hope and pray that I can give them the tools they will need. Their future is going to have greater challenges than mine has. But they can have the same blessings and tools. I hope they will see the examples their older siblings are setting for them and will follow those footsteps, along with the examples their father and I are setting for them.
I see I am not the only one blogging right now. That is a thoughtful quote, I dare say.
ReplyDelete