My mind has been every where these past few days! When I say everywhere, there is absolutely no exaggeration, here I will share some of the where abouts with you. Hang on! Are your seats buckled? Fasten them, we are off!
The baby will be here in a couple of months. Shortly after his arrival I will be losing two of my older boys, one to a mission and one to college out of state. My daughter has been loving preschool. The thing is my little man. I am trying to decide whether or not to pull my little gal from preschool so my little man won't feel abandoned when I have to direct more of my attention to his new little sibling. In the past I have had my children in late spring and I have the older siblings around to help with the adjusting, and my husband out of class for a month or so. However, with this little one on the way I will have my two oldest boys gone, the younger of the older boys will be in school and my husband will be back into teaching, and if I keep her in school my daughter will be back to school. So there is one direction of thought.
Earlier this fall I found some fun fabric to make a quilt for the little one who is about to join us. Whenever I think of working on it something comes up. My day is kind of ruled by others lately, I enjoy them, just wish I had some time to do the things on my mind. Then when I had some time this morning, I am unable to find where I strategically placed the fabric...I'm still looking for it in fact.
A friend of mine has opened a gift shop and invited me to contribute whatever my little heart desires. When I heard of this I had so many plans, many more ideas and a plethora of overloaded brain. So here I am sitting here a month later with very little done or contributed.
On to the next direction. I haven't been sleeping well lately, partly because of all of these thoughts and partly because when I am pregnant I get claustrophobia. At night when my husband turns over I wake up cause I am afraid he is invading my space (Poor guy). Every time I wake up I feel like I have to use the bathroom, and it seems to be on the hour every hour. Last night I may have found a cure for this imparticular item of business, I used ear plugs and was able to sleep through the night.
My eldest sons fiancee is coming out this weekend and staying for a week. While I am excited, I am also worried. Our son works 2nd shift, so what am I going to do to entertain her in the afternoons and evenings? I am sure she has things she will want to do. I am just not sure what my role will be, and to be honest with you, being a stay at home mom has taken some of my social skills to a different level. If you want to discuss children, cooking, crafts, etc I can chat. But I am out of the loop right now with a lot of other things. I might be able to fake it. We shall see.
Last concern, or thing running circles around my mind. Two years ago I had a falling out with one of our older girls before the holidays. For Christmas that year I received the game Family Feud. I still don't find this humorous. I thought amends had been made and we had moved on. Apparently not the case.This year the same child and I have again had a falling out. I didn't initiate it this time, but I didn't hold anything back either. She received my feelings in the raw. I have tried to make amends, and they seem to have been received. However I would just like to have Christmas to be pleasant for everyone and I am just forgotten for Christmas this year, I don't want a sarcastic gift again, I would rather receive nothing. So while I look forward to the Holidays I am also dreading it.
There are some of the places my mind continues to go when on its rounds. I wish I could just be on top of my game and feel a bit more settled is all. And there you have it, thank you for joining this ride. Vomit bags are to the left as you step off, I hope you had a nice ride. Please come again.
No comments:
Post a Comment