Have you seen those wind up toys that go until they bump into something, and continue to try going forward. If they could talk they would probably ask why the wall won't move out of their way. It is quite possible they might ask why they were not made to turn so they could continue forward to a new destination.
The past couple of weeks I have been feeling like one of those wind up toys. In the mothering department I feel like I have hit a wall and would like to change direction but am unsure of how to do it. Personally, it is driving me absolutely CRAZY!
My little man is going through a phase where he thinks he has to constantly yell at me. Have you heard that ring tone: "Mom, mom, mom, mama, mama, mom, mom, ma, ma...." "What?" "Hi!" Only in my real life experience I say "what?" right away and he continues to repeat his part. By time he realizes I have responded I am frustrated because...well who wouldn't be. To top things off this goes on all day. In his defence, he usually has something he has to share with me instead of just "Hi". Sometimes I just wish he would find another way to communicate or get my attention.
In sharing this I hope you don't think I hate mothering. Far from it, I love my children, and most of the time I enjoy them. It just happens to be a phase that my child is growing through I am having a hard time with. There are still moments in my day where I look at my little man and think what a lucky mom I am to have him, and he has a handsome smile that still melts my heart...Its just something I had to get off my chest. Thanks for reading.
i totally get you. it's extremely frustrating to hear the same thing over and over and over, no matter what it is they are saying. thankfully it's just a phase that will pass with time. but in the moment it is totally unfun.
ReplyDelete