Well, it is a new year, and a new slate. Last year I fell behind in some areas of life...I will admit one was keeping up with my house work. *Sigh* I am finding out though it was uncool.
My friend that has been mentioned in earlier posts was over the other day and helping me prep my space a little for a make-over. When I moved a book shelf my stomach almost lurched up my throat if that is even possible. There all along the wall were little mouse droppings! Ugh! They went all along the wall. That means when my girls were here just a week ago I lied to them. I set a trap and haven't caught anything yet. One of those nice traps that don't kill.
Today my hubby was finishing some work in my laundry room. He built me some storage shelves that are not in my walking space so it should be easier to maneuver when all is said and done. Today he finished taking everything from the old shelves and moving them to the new ones. He was taking the old shelves from the washroom out to the garage for his tools and such. I was so excited and went to go see my now spacey laundry room. To my horror there were piles of mouse droppings all over where the shelves had been, and little pee spots! I wanted to scream, but what would it do but scare my little guy.
After scrubbing the floor I ran to the store and bought more traps! They are all the old school ones that snap the little critters necks. I also have several jars of peanut butter, bring it on! I have tried to play nice, I thought I had done well. this past fall we had caught so many in our garage. I wish I were not allergic to cats, that would solve all my problems.
Yeah but then you learn the meaning of the expression, "Look what the cat dragged in." :)
ReplyDeleteGoood luck getting those critters! Yuck.
One day my roommate's cat once brought me a live mouse. Dropped it right in the middle of the book I was studing.
ReplyDeleteFYI, dogs scare mice too.