Lately I have been looking back on life and forward, and have had all these thoughts. So I thought I might share some of these thoughts with you. I will forewarn you this might be bland or a little dreary to some though It is what has been on my mind. Consider yourself forewarned.
Family dynamics is always interesting, everyone has them and every one's is different, yet we can all relate. There is enough common that we can almost always find common ground with someone else. I realize there are exceptions, there are always exceptions in life.
In the media we see so much abuse, so little respect for life, for others, it seems to always be about "me". Parents kill children because they are an inconvenience, spouses beat the other as a power trip. Parents beat children because they forget what it is like to be little, or don't want to be reminded. Sometimes there is just severe neglect, maybe a parent feels they don't have time for a child, because that child needs designer clothes. Or family is neglected because there is excitement to be found else were.
People are always effected by others choices. My children are effected by how I choose to spend my time, heck, I am effected by how I spend my time.
Looking about me I see people who are almost enslaved for whatever reason. When I look at these people it is easy for me to lose hope and faith. It is weird to me that some of these individuals that are suffering, or who have had their time on earth cut short due to the choice of another, that they may have to deal with that for a whole life time. Won't God save them? Doesn't He want better for them?
I was thinking about this this morning an I had a thought I would like to share. I would be happy if you share your own thoughts as well.
For me it is comforting to know that God's plan is so complete that He has already taken these individuals into consideration. Children who die early due to the abuse, or neglect of their parents whom they fully rely on are saved through the atonement of Christ. Those who are older and experience abuse or neglect of a spouse or someone they have trusted have also the ability to find comfort through the atonement. The atonement can not be miss used. It is to help us heal, forgive, and be forgiven. When correctly applied we can find peace and live our lives knowing there is an end to the ugliness the world seems to deem as normal.
As of yet I do not have all of the answers. I believe there are those out there who are going to be greatly surprised when they are called forth to meet their maker. However I believe also there are many who are going to find great relief and comfort when they meet their maker.
Often I have to remind myself that Heavenly Father has tailored our lives to us as individuals. The only thing he asks of us is obedience. There are days that may be harder than others. But if we turn to Him and His Son, He will help us through those hard times. He will place in our paths others who can help lift us.
It is so important to remember that faith with out works is dead. Why? Because we are His hands! If we aren't doing our part when we are able, then we are not demonstrating Faith in His plan for us. He does not expect us to move mountains. He does expect our best. Where we are lacking is where the Savior comes in and can lift us.
This may be a jumble, but it is what has been on my mind as of late. I am so thankful for the completeness of the Lord's Plan for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment