What I am about to share will reveal some of my weaknesses. We all have some so here goes. I am a blog follower addict. I love following my friends and family, but I am addicted to the cutesy crafty blogs, the blogs that help you become a better person....etc.
Through following all of these blogs however I was becoming overwhelmed. Look at all they do, why can't I? They have children and they do all of this amazing stuff. They decorate their homes, sew clothes for their children, sew bedding for their beds, can, garden, exercise...the list goes on and continues to grow.
To be quite honest with you there are days when I am feeling good just to have my children in clean clothes and fed.(We will ignore the sticky mess in the princesses hair today, the chocolate on my little mans chin, and ugh...drool stained shirt already?)
Over Christmas my older girls were home and we were chatting. The eldest has a friend who works with the leaders that head our church. She was sharing with me how he has been asked to write an article about stay at home mom's who blog. I thought: "I sure would like to be one of those moms." Then she continued with the concerns of our leaders. She shared with me that many of these women spend 40-60 hours a week working on their blogs! They are spending the time of a full time job plus on their sites!
Now I hope not to come off as critical nor judgmental. I realize that there are people who can and do support their families with their blogs be it out of necessity or hobby. Many are in different season's of life than myself. However, as my girl was explaining this to me, I came to this realization: "I am in a season of my life that is temporary. I have been blessed with beautiful children, and a husband who can support us. I have been blessed to be able to stay home with my children and be a part of their teaching and growing. Instead of wishing it all away so I could start a cutesy crafty blog of my own, I need to enjoy what I have."
Time is a valuable gift. If wasted we can never replace it. Instead of looking at my children like they are holding me back I need to enjoy them. I need to enjoy this short time that I have to spend with them. It is okay that this is the season I am in, for before I know it I will begin another.
No comments:
Post a Comment