Saturday, December 21, 2013

Tender Mercies

My husband asked me if I believe in tender mercies this morning. I told him I do. He than shared a small experience that happened recently to our daughter through him. The other day was book exchange day before Christmas break and she could not find a book. She asked us too late at night to go get a book for her. The next morning he though he would check a couple of stores after dropping our son off at seminary. My husband had planned to go to the store furthest and then the one close to home if necessary.

As he pulled out of the church parking lot he had the impression he should go to the closer store first. He did as he felt and found nothing, so he went to the store further away. Again he found nothing. My husband decided at this point it was useless and my daughter would have to miss out. As he headed home he store past another store he had not thought of and decided "what the heck". Well it turns out the had just what we were looking for and my daughter was able to be apart of the book exchange.

He told me he felt like it was a tender mercy because had he gone to the second store first he would not have passed the last store and would have just thought that was that. While this may seem small, it was a tender mercy. I wonder how many of these happen each day and I fail to notice. I am going to try to take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment