Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas

I believe this is the first year I am ready for Christmas and not biting at the bit in a really long time! When I was single I would buy through the year and be ready months in advance. My husband loves to wait until the last ultimate minute, because something might go on sale at an ultra good deal, and it would absolutely stink to get a minor good deal, or no deal at all. In years past we have missed some of those deals due to my impatience. Or we have had to change coarse of action due to lack of availability at the last minute.

This year my hubby and I were on the same page and finished our shopping weeks in advance. Don't get me wrong, there are the odds and ends we are getting together, but all are minor and if missed no one will miss out or notice. It is nice that even teachers gifts and things for friends have been kept simple this year and are ready. It has felt like a carefree year this year, I am basking in it!

Now for the details. Children arriving. Arranging the schedule to get every moment together that counts before others part for in-laws. This year I am feeling a peace I haven't felt for quite some time. I am looking forward to this coming week almost as much as the little kids!

I love Christmas. I love the Savior and what He has done for me. Through Him I have felt at peace as a child in many instances. I feel truly blessed, and my heart is bursting with gratitude. What a lucky girl I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment