Thursday, November 3, 2011

Moments like these...

This past month has been quite the adventure! While my grandmother remains with us her time is drawing to a close. The Dr's are astounded by her resilience which makes me proud.

Now on another note entirely different let me share some moments of adventure these past couple of weeks.

Having a cousin in the hospital was fun...for me, not her. Through our visits I was able to get to know her and my history a little bit better. With that I was also able to share some of my beliefs with her. I
LOVE sharing my beliefs! Time will tell if she accepts, I truly and whole heartidly hope she will receive the blessings in store for her!

My little guy is becoming a little more independent. Not fully mind you, but a little all the same. With his independence comes my ability to spread my time out onto a bit bigger project arena. With this extended time I have been able to fill more accomplished as a mother, I don't know how to really explain it. However I will share my accomplishments.

Growing up my mother made
the best homemade Chicken noodle soup! Her noodles were from scratch, she boiled the chicken all day and everything! The thought of attempting this for myself was something that I felt was pretty much overwhelming. Then a month or so ago my youngest sister posted that she had made it and it was a success. Surely I can do that I thought. So I called up my mom and asked for directions. I have made three batches since then and each gets a tiny bit better than the last!

In the six years I have been married to my wonderful husband and best friend I have made several attempts to roast pumpkin seeds. All of which I have failed. This year I googled recipes and found one that sounded good. With four children at home (plus two adults) that makes for
a lot of pumpkin seeds! So, if I messed up one batch I would have plenty more to experiment with. To my surprise and pleasure the first batch turned out! As did the second batch! Is there a Molly Mo badge out there? Surely I have earned it this year!

Now onto my final two adventures!

While I was a young woman I had two pet rats. I loved them as an owner could. Tuesday I was cooking dinner and happened to look in my TV room and noticed a little guest run across my fireplace! This guest was not invited nor welcome! He ran into my wood box, and I began to freak a bit. I watched that box until my hubby returned home, but some how that little runt escaped! As soon as my hubby returned home I ran for the store. I bought 14 mouse traps! 14! When I returned home my husband humored me and between him, our teenager and myself we baited each trap with peanut butter and strategically placed them every where. Yesterday we found five of them loaded with unwelcome guest. Ugh!

Last but not least I have discovered that since I have had children my bladder isn't quite the same. If I laugh, sneeze or cough before relieving myself....well, often I am glad I live in a day and age where I have more than one pair of undies! I know, TMI. Oh well, I just wanted to share some of my recent adventures and there you have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment