My grandmother joined family on the other side of the veil this morning. At 4:15 she left peacefully in her sleep. I am surprised I'm not taking this as hard as I thought I might. Maybe it is because I have had a bit over a week to prepare myself. Perhaps it has not yet sunk in. There is comfort in knowing she is no longer struggling, that she is at peace.
Last week I morned her before she was gone. There is no doubt in my heart I will be able to see her again. With that knowledge comes the fact that I will have the chance to know her better.
I am making the day a light one. Reminiscing. Pondering. Praying. Comfort in knowing there is a life after this one, in fact this life is only a season in the eternal perspective.
I know exactly how you feel, believe it or not. My grandmother passed away on the 21st of August. She was eight days short of turning 92 years old. But I'm so happy she is not suffering anymore.
ReplyDeleteThank you Maggie. I am sorry for your loss and at the same time glad she has found peace.
ReplyDelete