Wednesday, November 9, 2011

BIG Things in an itty bitty Package

As I admitted we have had little varmint visitors a lot lately. Due to colder weather and living close to a field I am sure. That and our mouser cat is no longer with us. And due to alergies on my behalf, sadly we will not be replacing him any time soon. Those 14 traps I purchased last week, it turns out were an investment worth making! Up to date we have caught 10 unwelcome little guest.

That is why, this morning when I went to our computer room and noticed a fowl odor I became a little unhinged. When I first detected the smell, it was just around the computer table. As I worked on a small project for church and another for my daughter I noticed the smell getting stronger and stronger.

For any of you born in the 80's, or who have gone to beauty school, I can best describe the smell as "perm solution" after you have applied the alkaline, and then acid...or conditioner. The odor was beginning to give me a head ache.

My little man announced he had to go potty, so while he ran up to do his duty(with a heart full of song) I decided to find where the smell was coming from. We have some safty traps in the basement so the baby won't find poison, nor any of the other children for that matter.

When I realized I could not locate the safty traps, and the smell had become...lets just say... overwhelming, I decided it was time to called my hubby and asked him if he knew where our son had placed the traps. As I searched, I explained the horrid smell. After listening he suggested that if the smell was like I was describing I probably should not stick around, but it wasn't a dead mouse, it would smell like a rotting corps...(okay?)

By now as you can imagine I was quite perplexed. I ran up stairs to check on my little man. He was holding his diaper afraid to move. He had not made it to the bathroom. Bummer. When I went to help him clean up I was hit by a wall of that smell from down stairs.

(Now for any of you with weak stomachs, now is the time to discontinue reading, exit this screen now...you have been fairly warned.)

The boys diaper was the cause of all my discomfort! for the last few minutes I have been rattling my brain as to what I have fed that boy that could smell so horribly wrong. To be honest with you, I do not know. Whatever it was I hope not to repeat it!

Mostly I am just relieved it wasnt a dead mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment