Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Idle Threats...

Well, my little man finally made me keep my word. For weeks he has been telling me "NO!" like it is his business. When they are little its kind of cute I must admit. But when he is 3 and knows better the cuteness has warn off.

A while ago I started telling him: "Next time you do that I am going to put soap in your mouth."

My little man has been pretty smart since I began that threat. Once I would use it he would stop, and either do as asked or just ignore me(I know, only my child behaves like this). However, today he decided to see if I was serious. Guess what I was. Lets just say it was not a pleasant experience, for either of us. He waited a whole minute before he could get a drink. He did apologize for being naughty and said he won't do it again.

Just now...about 1/2 and hour later he came up to me, opened his mouth as wide as he could and asked me if I could see his stomach. Confused I told him "no" and he said "good, if you can't see the bubbles, that means the soap is gone!" then he ran off to play.

It is interesting to see their minds at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment