Monday, November 8, 2010

My little man has been on one all day today! This morning his big brother came up and said good morning to him. My little man hit him, he was hit back and so he kicked him. He has been mean to sister all day. I had some family friends come over and the first thing he does is tells them he doesn't like them, and then is mean to them. This is how it has been all day....off and on all the past week too.

I have tried to do the time-out thing, I have tried to swat him, but then he thinks it is a game, ugh! This afternoon I was fed up with it so I called him a little imp of misery. His reply was classic however: "I not my sistua!"

I have a feeling some of this is just trying to deal with the idea of having a new sibling in the near future. I will tell you we are having some moments. I am hoping it will pass soon.

He is usually the cutest little guy and can win over any ones heart. However the past week or so there has been a lot of hitting, kicking, pulling sisters hair and all of the things you would not see a cute little guy doing. It is almost like I bragged about them being best friends too soon. I hope that isn't the case. I hope this is just a late intro to terrible two's, or will pass with the coming and settling of a little sibling.

2 comments:

  1. I hope this doesn't make you feel hopeless, but, I thought I had the best behaved kids in the world, and I really still do, until Asher and Constance both were old enough to really interact and communicate with each other. I had three boys and very rarely had any kind of sibling fighting. Then Constance came alone and she is a sweety and she get along with Tucker and Clark great but her and Asher just do not see life the same way. I think it is because the difference in boys & girls and they are close to the same age. At times they can play and laugh and be great but then suddenly they just clash in some way and they are off in ugly fighting. I don't know if your little man has the same issues but I feel your struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharyn. In a twisted sort of way that brings comfort...lol! BOys and girls deffinately have their differences, it is crazy!

    ReplyDelete