Well, our second son married his best friend last weekend! Their sealing was beautiful, he listened to every word the Sealer said while the bride looked at him in adoration! They are a sweet and happy young couple. Their reception was a blast! And it was beautiful almost like out of a fairy tale.
In watching the older children grow up it seems to be becoming more and more of a reality that my young ones will grow up too! I wish I could embrace them forever in their innocents, however I enjoy watching them grow up and experience the world.
The oldest boy married his perfect match. She allows him to be himself and loves him perfectly. You can observe him reflect that love to her as well.
Our high schooler was only seven when I married my best friend. He is now in high school, he is keeping good grades, participates in choir and is a confident young man.
My little princess is growing up, becoming a book worm and loves school like her brothers. My little man is in kindergarten, he is making friends, loves his teacher and seems to be growing like a weed. Our little guy is beginning to talk more and more. His vocabulary has grown in leaps and bounds! Mostly I love it when he says something like "I sleepy no mom."
While reading a nieces blog recently it became apparent how fast children really do grow up. She posted a picture of her boys and how they looked "yesterday". I remember those boys. This summer we joined them for a family reunion, and they are now handsome, young men.
Looking through my children's photo albums (the older ones and younger ones) I wonder where the time has gone? None of them are old enough to be married, in high school, or grade school. And I realize how blessed I am to be able to stay home with them. I imagine it is even faster for those mother's who work outside the home whether by choice or not. I try to kiss the little ones goodnight each night, and express my love to the bigger ones each chance I am given, because I know one day they will have someone else to kiss them goodnight and give them squeezes. I am not quite sure where that will leave me, but for now I will do my best to enjoy these moments.
It kind of leaves me with a longing.
No comments:
Post a Comment