Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Favorite Scripture

This past year I have felt the hand of the Lord in my life in so many instances. I have felt the intense love he has for me and others. While reading my scriptures a while back I read a scripture many Mormons have heard, but this time it stood out to me in a way I had not seen before.

In first Nephi chapter three Lehi asks Nephi and his brothers to return to Jerusalem for a history of their family and scripture. Nephi responds: "I will go and do the the things the Lord has commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish that thing which he commandeth them."

I have thought about that. Do I believe that God truly loves me? Do I believe that he has my best interest at heart? If the answer is yes, than certainly I believe that when he asks something of me it is because he believes in me enough that I can accomplish it. Through this thought process I am learning something. Like Nephi, God does not expect me to do it all on my own. He places angels in my life to help when I feel I can't go further. Sometimes He whispers words of comfort to me when I feel I am on my own. At times he allows me to try things me way. And When I feel I have failed he points me in the right direction. There are many times when he has asked me to take several steps in the dark, however in those times I have felt him take my hand, or catch me when I stumbled. He has always been there for me.

I love the scripture I have shared above, it reminds me of all of this. It reminds me of his love and care, not for me only but for others as well. Heavenly Father truly loves each of us. His patience is incomparable to any one elses. I feel so incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment