This past weekend we went out to see family for a quick jaunt. Great times!
We met up with my family Friday evening for a picnic. Our older girls joined us. My youngest sister was there with her newest addition to her family, a beautiful baby girl. The sister in the middle was there with all of her children, along with my parents.
Saturday we went to the temple to see my brother and sister-in-laws be sealed! After which we had a mini family reunion. As most times together there were some minor injuries due to the tree swing, lots of catching up and just basking in family love.
I have to say the most memorable, or talked about part to this mini trip for me was on the trip home. Just after we left, our teenager threw up everything! Then the youngest began wailing. I tried to give him a little bit of Benadryl, but he spit more than most of it out. I didn't want to overdose him so I tried to comfort him. Finally he went to sleep. I began to smell “sick baby poo”.
After a little ways we were able to find a place to stop. We decided to eat lunch since we had pulled over. When Hubby went around to pull out the baby we were in for a big surprise! The little guy had EXPLODED! Holy Cow! He had messed up his back to his shoulder blades, all the way around to his little chest! We double teamed him, and couldn't avoid getting it on him more as we tried to work his onesie off. To be honest, I was surprised it only took 1/2 a container of wipes to clean him. Even his little belly button was not spared.
As you can see, it was a memorable trip (For more than one reason.) Oh the joys life brings to us!
eew. :) Poor teen and poor baby! That sounds awful, Melane. But glad everything that happened, you could be a part of.
ReplyDelete