Boy, this must be the year. My first grader has informed me she is in love. Her teacher is helping us out with that one...Thank you Ms. V.
However our high schooler has a girl who is pursuing him hard. I wouldn't blame her, he is a handsome kid, he is funny and clever at times. My problem is they are both only 14. By the worlds standards they are fine I know, but we have a rule that our children can't date until they are 16. That is over a year and a half away for our young man, and then I don't think they should be paring off till he returns from his mission. He is doing well in school, and I would like him to stay focused. I want him to have friends and I don't mind if they are girls and guys. But this girl is very forward and very unknown to me.
It is weird, I am feeling very "mama bear" about this. She calls at all hours in the night, and always on Monday evenings when we are trying to do things as a family. With the two older boys I didn't have to deal with this until later...much later, and then it wasn't them being pursued by a forward chick-a-dee. I know that isn't necessarily normal, but I wasn't prepared for this. I hope and pray that he will keep his head about him and listen to the spirit. I hope if he is put in the position that he will run like Joseph did with Potiphar's wife.
Those are just the thoughts and concerns of a worried Mama bear tonight. Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment