The other day I woke to hearing my two little ones laughing and enjoying life. I absolutely love hearing them enjoy one another, I think they are each others best friends and hope it stays that way. They enjoy mischief together more often then I would like. A sure sign of that mischief is often their laughter of delight. After hearing them laugh for quite a while, I thought I ought to go see what they were up to this time.
In the past when I have gone in to check on the cause of their delight, I have wanted to crawl into a hole or call a cleaning service. Like for example the time we found a whole container of Parmesan cheese sprinkled all over the table and kitchen floors, or how about the time there was a swimming pool in my kitchen. I had walked in just after my little man had filled a cup with water and tossed it over his shoulder, readying himself for some more. There was a pool around his feet. I wanted to cry. Or how about the time I walked into the TV room to find all of my furniture had been redesigned with a purple marker. And what about the time I found them with two bags of chocolate chips and some marshmallows perched in front of the TV. These are the adventures we have had in our home. (I should start taking pictures for blackmail in the future.)
Back to the other day, I was delighted to find them on the floor coloring pictures together. You can only imagine the relief I felt as I looked around the room and found this to be their only activity of the morning. That was a blessed day. Phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment