We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. They thanked us like they haven't eaten for ages, told us it was good and all that and then left us with a new twist to a message.
First we were asked to think of who our favorite person is in the Book of Mormon, and then why. No Cheating, you can only have one. We were sitting in a circle and took turns sharing our characters and what we most admires about them. It was interesting to hear Each of the missionaries examples, and then reasoning. I enjoyed it.
When I thought it was over the missionary leading the discussion asked us to remember who we talked about, and then go around the circle again. This time we were supposed to share how we could better emulate the characteristics of the characters we admired. How it could bring us closer to Christ.
The conversation was good. It got me to thinking. there are so many personalities I admire in the scriptures. The Old Testament, New Testament, and Book of Mormon hold so many examples of men and Women who gave their lives or lived them in a manner to show us we too can make it. We can see how their lives were blessed, how God placed people in different situations for their growth and the growth of others. How can we put their lessons into our lives. One way I can think of for me personally is to not doubt that I will be blessed when I put my trust in the Lord. He will always be there for me. He has never let any of His followers down, why would I be any different? How could any of us expect any different?
No comments:
Post a Comment