Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Spice of Life

My little man has been an absolute hoot as of late. He has a way with words like no other! Sunday at church the young men were passing the sacrament. His older brother was across the room, and a friend of his did our row. My little man yells for all to hear: "I want my food from my brother! Not dat kid!" I wish I could have melted away.

Later that day he walks in on dad doing some "paper work" in the "library". When dad finishes his business, my son runs out to me and announces: "Mom! Dad made a turd for you!" Yes! Now if I could get him to do the same we would be in good hands wouldn't we.

Last but not least we had been trying to put him to bed for just over an hour. First he comes into the room because he is scared. Then he is thirsty...hungry...not tired...I know others have experienced this as well. With exasperation I told him he was being a turkey and needed to go to bed, to which he retorted: "Mom, I not a tookey! I am Chicken nuggets!" What was I thinking?!

The other day during family prayer he was assisted by his father in giving, he translated "Bless the baby in Mommy's tummy" to "Bless the baby in mommy's butt." It was hard to stay serious after that.

So as you can see we have a fully expressive little guy on our hands. What will he come up with next? Who knows. Well, I hope this raises your spirits as it has mine. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, Kids, they are a delight!

    By the way, I love your play list. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete