Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Atonement part II

When I last wrote about the going on's in my life at the moment I thought I had been able to turn everything over to the Lord. Apparently I still have some work in this specific case. I felt I was doing well, until this afternoon, and it seems a lot of the feelings have returned. It is like a storm brewing, raging inside me at times, and other days I feel the rays of warmth the atonement offers.

Everything I think I handed over to the Lord is back. Did I take it back? I certainly don't want it. Have I not dealt with it the way it needs to be? Obviously.

My husband found this quote for me the other day. "Don't let the workings of adversity absorb your life." ~Richard G. Scott

I understand why he shared this thought with me. I need it. I need to apply it to myself. The living prophets are more important to us than the dead.(I am not saying the dead one's are useless, as we search the scriptures the Lord can also use their words to speak to our hearts the things man can not.) I don't understand why I let this individual under my skin the way I do. Why can I not just brush them off? Why do I keep dwelling on the things this individual has said and done? I don't know. It is easier to put people behind you you aren't related to I think. Is that because they aren't so much in your face?

This entry is just to put my feelings some where other than my heart right now. As I don't have too many (if any) followers I am sure it will be lost.

I will continue to pray and ask for help with this millstone, and maybe one day I will be able to call it a mile stone.

2 comments:

  1. I have so often felt very similar feelings. Sometimes I am so grateful for the time we are given to try and get it right and other times I think it might be nice if the test could be over at one of those moments when I feel have really learned something. The more time that passes those moments it is almost like I unlearn things. and that is so frustrating!
    I am so grateful for the Atonement and as much as I have relied on the Lord throughout my life I know I still have a lot to understand about the all the Atonement really means to us.

    ReplyDelete