Sunday, September 16, 2012

Silver Lining

Well, after my last depressing entry I decided to do my measurements. When beginning this new way of life I was told by a friend of mine I ought to do my measurements, because that is sometimes where you see the changes first, not so much on the scale. After comparing from last month, I have to say I am duly impressed with the results, even though they are small, they are there.

On my waist I have lost two inches, hips one and three quarters. In my upper arms, one inch and three quarters. Thighs, one and a quarter. Calves I have actually gained a little less than an inch, and my bust I have lost two and seven eighths. (No wonder I looked more pear shaped than I remembered when I looked in the mirror the other day.)

Lately I have noticed it isn't as desirable to snack as much, especially in the area of chocolate. I just don't feel like those empty calories are worth it. A while ago I read it takes 2 laps of a football field just to burn one m&m....ouch! Do I really want to do that, or more importantly can I? At this point the answer is "nope, not a chance" so that being said it has been my motivation in the department of chocolate. I used to justify it because I would only eat "dark" chocolate for the anti-oxidants...or what ever. But here is the deal, you can eat a ton more blue berries, drink all the pomegranate juice you want (which also contain anti oxidants) and not even begin to reach the calories you get from only 1/4 cup of m&m's. By golly, you can even make some great shakes and add more nutrients and I figure you are spending the same money wise (I mean look how the price of chocolate has gone up just in the past year...believe me I know), but also feeling better after and it's pretty much guilt free. I know I am sounding weird to myself as well, but it is great! This health logic is beginning to be a part of me.

So you might be curious to if I have seen a difference in my weight. This past month I have lost about six pounds. I know that is small. I am okay with that, as long as I am becoming healthier and feeling better I am A-okay with it, because I know in a year, others might be noticing, and even if they don't I will. Who knows, there may be another girl in kick boxing looking at her legs and thinking she is the one with stumps, and I will be able to tell her to hang in there and she will reach her goals.

2 comments: