Last week I was out west. While out there, I had the opportunity to spend time with some of my family and friends. I loved it! However, I missed my hubby and chillins. It was great walking in the door and knowing my own bed wasn't far.
In returning home the other night I walked into see a beautifully bright colored poster that my children had painted for me to welcome me home. It had their hand prints, and stick figures along with flowers. It was a warm fuzzy. With it being late all but my pre-schooler and hubby were in bed and fast asleep.
As I was getting settled I noticed sticky notes in miscellaneous places: the fridge, light switches, the piano, cup boards, the bathroom etc. Assuming that our young man might be taking a foreign language and had done this I didn't think a whole lot about it. However, yesterday as I went to turn on a light I noticed the sticky note read: "lady bug" then I noticed that others had random words written by my first grader. Questioning the purpose of the stickers, my brilliant little girl said in great enthusiasm: "Mom! I decided to make my own word search! I put words and pictures all around the house, here is the deal, if you find a word you gut one point, if you find a picture you get ten points." See, I told you she is brilliant.
I love watching my children grow up. It is a privilege I wouldn't exchange for any other. Seeing them explore and interpret their surroundings is an adventure.
Awwww! Love it.
ReplyDelete