My first grader confessed yesterday that she is falling in love. I asked how she knew she was in love and she was happy to share her little story with me.
You see, there is a little boy in her class who serenades her each day. He sings her songs like "I love you like a love song" only he changes the words just for her to say: "I love you like a love song, princess..." She said that means she is special to him.
As mom, I am glad we are only in first grade. There are many lessons to be learned between now and when she is bigger. I hope she is patient and enjoys life. When I heard this my heart skipped a beat, my little girl is being influenced by people out side my realm in a small degree. I hope I teach her everything she needs to know as she grows to be a confident young woman, who knows her worth as a daughter of God.
Is this when the roller coaster begins?
No comments:
Post a Comment