My little man makes me laugh. I will share my two latest chuckles with you.
The other night I was at wits end trying to get him into bed. He is my child who fights bed time with any excuse he can come up with, hunger, thirst, a hug, a kiss, another hug. After a half hour or so out of desperation I exclaimed "If you don't get in your bed I am going to wring your neck!" I watched his little mind take this thought in, then as if explaining the obvious he replied: "Mom, you can't ring my neck, it not a door bell." It took my whole strength not to laugh. It is a hoot seeing how his mind processes things!
This afternoon was the second experience. We had just dropped sister off at school and he asked if we were going to go to his oldest brothers wedding today. I told him it wasn't for another couple of weeks. He asked if we would be going to his other big brothers wedding, I explained that wouldn't be for another 3-4 years. He exclaims: "Then we can have a big brothers wedding and a baby brothers weddings later!" My thougths were; "maybe we could just ask everyone wait until the youngest is ready to marry, then we could just have everyone married at once...lol" I am glad it doesn't work that way.
He just gives me a reason to grin when I am feeling stressed or overwhelmed. thank Heavens for children!
No comments:
Post a Comment