Have you heard the rumour that children are here to keep us humble? It is true! Just this week I have been given two very good examples alone to prove it. Let me share.
The first one took place the other day while my daughter was working on a project. As I watched her I told her when I was a kid I had done the same thing. Her eyes grew big and with the honestly of a child and may I add, sounding a little too surprised she asked: "And you can remember that mom?"
With the second one I will prep it with this. As you know, I had a baby last month. With the birth and after I have shed 30 lbs. I will admit I have been feeling pretty darn good about that. Many of my friends have commented on how great I am looking. With that, today my two year old and four year old were heading out to our back patio for a few moments of basking in the beautiful weather we had received. My little man opened the door just enough for himself to slide through. Thinking it would be nice that my daughter and I wouldn't have to skimmy through I opened the sliding door a ways more. Also wanting to avoid bumping the baby's head was in my thoughts. Upon exiting, my daughter with importance in her tone explains to my little man "Mom had to open the door wider because her butt has gotten a lot bigger after having three kids."
*SIGH* I guess I could use to loose a few more pounds. As for the age thing, I guess it is good that I don't have altimers as of yet (grin).
While on the phone with my mother this afternoon sharing these stories, my mother said "It looks like she took notes from your childhood." Thanks mom. It is nice to know my daughter is taking after me in some form.
No comments:
Post a Comment