I expressed on here a couple of weeks ago a fear I had of the holidays...Christmas in particular. More like a dread. An apology is in order. But in doing so I would like to share with you what a wonderful Christmas we have had.
To start, i think my biggest fear was seeing what the results or consequences of the way things went down later this summer. Last time I had experienced a similar situation, I had thought the situation had been resolved long before Christmas. However, I found how wrong I had been over Christmas. I dreaded finding that would again be the case.
I will show to you that my fears were in vain, they were extremely far from being the case this year. The daughter I was dreading the results from, made all of her gifts this year. She designed some cool T-shirts for her brothers, jewelry for her youngest sister, and a really cool stuffed animal out of a toe sock for the little man. She put together an awesome collage of updated pictures of each of the children for their Dad's office. I have to say though that my gift was by far the best. She made a beautiful receiving quilt for the baby when he comes! I love the fabrics she picked out for it! The inside of the quily is warm and soft, the perfect gift to wrap a winter baby in.
This Christmas was a great one for the whole family. I will admit, there was one disappointment, but it was quickly forgotten. In reality then we don't have to count that one right? *grin*
There is one regret on my part. I held hard feelings and so didn't do too much this holiday. I will make it up this next year I hope. Lucky for me I have a big brother who over looks my flaws and short comings when I turn to Him, and helps pull me out when I feel I am sinking. And really, isn't He the reason we celebrate this time of year? What better gift could I give Him than a contrite heart?
I am so glad all went well and you all had a lovely Christmas.
ReplyDelete