Friday, December 10, 2010

A Week of Adventure

Well, it seems this week has been full of adventure after adventure! My Children are keeping me on my toes!

We have had "The Adventure of Tooth Paste". My little lady was in the tub and I thought I would run down stairs for a moment. After a few short moments I hear laughter and know I am in trouble. After hitting the stairs as fast as a fat pregnant mama can, I find my little man squeezing two new tubes of tooth paste into the tub, as my little lady smears it all over the walls of the tub. She had already used it as lotion on her face and arms. I wonder if there are benefits for the skin when using tooth paste?

Our second adventure, "The Indoor Pool Adventure" was brought to us again by none other than my little man and little lady. I thought they were playing well together and thought it might be safe to take a cat nap. I awoke hearing my middle of the older boys exclaim :" You think this is funny!? I am going to be late to school." I walked in to find at least 2 gal. of water poured out onto the floor, and some jello stirred into the mess. I have to tell you how blessed I feel that my older boy was willing to help clean up a lot of the mess. I can't say enough what a lucky girl I am.

We had the "Kitty Adventure". My little lady decided she and my little man were going to be kitties. She had poured two bowls of cereal and two heaping bowls of milk for the kitties to eat and lap from. My little man wasn't impressed with where he had been stationed and thought it to be good to relocate. In so doing he spilt most of his milk on the floor. *sigh*. I know it could have been worse.

The final adventure was last night. A group of friends and I try to get together for a girls night once a month at someones home. The designated home this month was mine. My husband helped me ready the house. Just after mopping, my daughter poured some milk on the floor. My little man was playing a game of throwing a bag of pasta down the stairs. I had asked him to stop. Suddenly there was an explosion of pasta at the bottom of the stairs. Instead of snow this year I am seeing in the forecast milk and a variety of other items.

My only regret is not pulling out the camera. Then when these two little ones grow and  have adventures of their own with their little one's I would be able to remind them of the adventures we had. Black mail would even be a possibility...lol! May I add I can't wait until I can keep up with them again? Seriously!

Feel free to share some of your adventures with me. I hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I think my heart would stop if I heard someone ask my children, "You think this is funny?" Goodness, what a mess!

    ReplyDelete