Monday, December 6, 2010

Mondays....

As of today I declare there should be a law against Mondays. Maybe if there was a different name for the day? It is only the morning, and I am already wishing the day was drawing to a close.

My little man climbed into bed with us way too early this morning, which means I didn't sleep all that well. I am to the point it is not easy for me to just drag him back to his bed any more. He is a growing boy dang it. Later I woke up and thought I would attempt the day. I had a head ache, but wanted to see my hubby off. Both of the little ones were up and on the run. They were playing together well. After my hubby left I thought it might be safe to take a cat nap to nip the head ache.

Less than half an hour later I awoke to the middle of my older boys asking the two little ones with utter frustration in his voice "why they thought they were funny". And explaining that he was going to be late to school. I went in to see what the deal was. My little man had poured 2 gallons of water all over the floor, and the little lady had added jello to the concoction. They had spread it all over the floor. My young man helped me clean up most of it before he left. What a blessing.

I decided to repent the two little ones could go and clean their already messy room. I finished in the kitchen and my daughter came out to inform me she had done number two in her bed this morning. Ugh. I had her strip her bedding, and go to clean up(it took her 45 min. to clean out her pants). When I went to check the progress on their room...well, I wont go there I am sure by saying it wasn't any better is enough. I fed her lunch and took her to school.

Now I realize I am not the first mother to experience this, in fact I am sure there are others who have had it a lot worse. But I wish my last little one was here and I could run after these guys better! I know I will be looking back at this day and laughing hard, maybe ion just a couple weeks. I just wish they went about getting my attention in a more positive manner. Is there a way to put that request in and have it recognized?

I hope your Monday goes better than mine has started. I will work on being more positive in the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment