Man, its hard to believe Christmas is already this week! last Friday I was looking at my calendar and that is when I realized I had just a week till Christmas! I seriously thought I had two or three. Where has the time gone? I know I have passed through all of the holidays this year up to date. But this end of the year thing is really sneaking up on me! Until I looked at my calendar I was thinking I was still in November...(all I can do is shake my head, I know.)
I guess it is good that time is flying. It means I am that much closer to holding this little one in my arms rather than carrying him on my gut...lol. I am looking forward to seeing his little personality as it developes oh, and there is the part of seeing what he looks like. I should probably start thinking about packing and preparing a space for him to come home to so his Dad doesn't have to do it all. Usually by this point in my pregnancy I have made my list, checked it twice and have the bags by the door ready...Event though there are several weeks ahead of me.
My side of the bed could use a good cleaning so we have room for the bassinet. The crib is ready. I hate to admit it, but might as well. The crib had become a storage unit for out grown clothes, diapers, and some miscellaneous merchandise. Thanks to my little lady searching for one of her long lost toys the crib is now cleaned and prepped for baby(other wise it may not have happened for another couple of months.)
With this pregnancy I have been feeling so scatter brained it is embarrassing. I would like to think of myself as responsible and reliable, and hate to admit I have been far from that this past couple of months. The memory is just about gone. I have had to ask people to remind me of the simplest things. My mother joked it is because the baby is sucking out my brain. A friend of mine explained to me something that made sense and left a little more hope..lol. She told me when you are pregnant more of your blood is going to the baby and less to the brain. Thus the pregnancy brain thing. The hope that leaves me is indescribably comforting at times. There is hope I will be able to remember things again!
This is some of what is going on at the moment. We are mostly ready for Christmas...I can't think of much else that needs to be done. Gifts were sent today. Stocking staffer's were purchased Saturday. I would like to do something to show my appreciation for the little lady's teachers, they have been patient and very fun.
I was released from my calling at church Sunday. I am feeling a little lost. I will miss working with the children at church. They all have special spirits about them. It is fun to watch them grow from such a short distance. I know the women who are taking my place are great though. The children are in good hands. I haven't really attended the other meetings regularly since...I was single...lol. I can pretend to be in the adult world again for a little bit. Though I really had no problem with being apart of the world I was.
Well, there you go. Some of the most recent thoughts. I hope you are all ready for the holidays, here they are! Just in case I don't get on here before them, Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment