Sunday, September 26, 2010

In The Beginning...

My husband and I were married 5+ years ago. We met through our church. His first wife and I became friends through the church I have to admit she really knew how to lift one's spirits. She was great at sharing past experiences with humor and helping you feel comfortable in her home. I really never paid attention to her husband. I remember him coming upstairs on one of my visits wearing plaid pants, a stripped tee with a paisley button shirt over the top. I distinctly remember thinking to myself "Its a good thing she married him, cause I don't think any one else would." (I am ashamed to say his first opinion of me was much more admirable.)

Three years later, when life had moved on, I found myself far from there in a whole other state. My sister called me one day and asked if I knew a person who had died from the town we had previously lived. I told her I knew someone by the name but they were too young to be found in the obituaries. Later my sister showed me the obituary, and sure enough, it was my friend. This friend had always talked of New Jersey. I had assumed that was where she was from. She was being buried not too far from where I was at the time so I thought I would go show the family support and pay my last regards.

When we arrived to where the burial would take place no one else was around. My mother, sister and I decided to wait a bit and see if any one showed, then we would leave thinking we may have had the wrong place. When we were about to leave my friend's husband and children arrived. When her husband got out of the vehicle I was struck with how handsome he was. I have to admit, this weirded me out. Here is my friends husband, he has five children and has just lost his wife.

It took me two weeks to convince myself nothing would come from this. I was 28 and decided to keep all options open where I was living. My friends husband would not be an option.

Several months later My parents received a letter in the mail from my friend's husband. At the end of the letter he had posted a message to me and then one to my father. He wanted to meet with my father to go to a restaurant he had bragged about the whole time we had lived in the same town as them. He then asked me if I would like to join him another night for a family activity. I wrote him back a letter telling him I would be happy to.

Several things happened between then and by the end of the summer we were married and starting a new chapter to both of our lives. Before we married I had prayed whether he and I would be compatible. I had the impression I already had the answer, why waste the Lords time. So there you go. There is no doubt that he is my perfect match. I am glad to have him as my companion.

When we married the eldest and a friend of ours threw us an open house to present us back to the old area. We lived in the home that he and my friend had built and established as their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment