This blog is being started to replace a book I had once started and since lost. The intention is to reach out to others having this experience and let them know over time that we will all be Okay. We just have to take it a day at a time. Sometimes a moment at a time. I am hoping for feed back from others as I go along because there are times even my best friend, my husband, doesn't quite understand what is being said or done. I am a woman and have emotions, its all part of being a woman.
I have five step children. They are for the most part perfect. I could not have asked for better kids, or a better situation. I know some of my readers are dealing with the "other half" and it isn't easy, nor pleasant. The "other half" of our family story was taken to the other side of the veil less than a year before I began or started this 2nd half to our story. I had the privilege of knowing the mother of my step children and having her as a friend. I knew most of the children before hand through the friendship that I had had.
A profile of each of the children: The youngest was 6 when he lost his mother. He is a tender hearted child, sensitive to others and their feelings. He wants the family to be close and is growing to be quite a handsome young man. The 2nd to the end is a talented boy. Very mature in his thinking and is amazing with his half siblings! They absolutely adore him. The middle of the 5 was going through his Sr. year the year I married his father. You can only imagine the first year. He has grown quite a bit. I think his half siblings would adore him as well, only he has been away most of their growing, whether serving a mission, or off to college. The Second oldest is a girl. She is very good with children, school and life. She is sincere and is responsible in her decision making in most every aspect of her life, I have been impressed. The eldest is also a girl. She is a very social individual, good with her culinary skills, more whimsical in her personality, un-predictable, and enjoys making memories with her siblings. To me she can be a bit impersonal, but over all a good person.
A little about me, I am a stay at home mom. I enjoy sewing, scrapbooking, reading a good book. Laundry is relaxing for me and I enjoy washing dishes but hate putting them away. I enjoy socializing and meeting new people. I am expecting the final addition to our family sometime after the new year. When all the kidos are in school I plan on going back to school, and getting a degree. I would also love to serve a mission with my hubby someday.
My husband loves the Lord, his work and our family. The whole family. He and I have open communication. Once in a while we hit a wall seeing as I can be emotional, and him less so. This at times can be quit agrivating. He is very supportive as a husband to a step mother. I have talked to others who have not had this privilege and so I feel privileged to have him as my companion in this, life's adventure. We have been married for 5+years, and I hope to be forever more.
My two children are girl and boy. Both are strong willed, independent and have strong opinions. They have no problem keeping me busy. If it were their full-time job they would be raking in the dough no doubt.
So from here on out I am going to share more of my experiences as a Step Mom. I will do some reminiscing and also adventures from the present. For the time I am going to avoid the present because there are some hot feelings. They are fresh, and I would rather share them from a distance as to keep from un-wanted regret in the future. I am going to share the good with the bad, since painting a picture of flowers and rainbows is unrealistic when there are some storms and momentary disasters that happen in life with those flowers and rainbows. From these we can grow or be destroyed.
My hope is to continue to grow. And if I am lucky some of you will share your thoughts on both the good and bad times. I hope to find strength when I am at my knees and lift when I am standing. This is my sincere desire and purpose of this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment