Boy, what a crazy month! Sick kids are on the mend, hopefully in time for the festivities of Thanksgiving. Through it all we have become comfortable again with the Dr's office, the kids were reminded that it isn't all about shots so we are on the good. Through our latest adventures I came across one of the most bizzaro things. Something great to blog about I guess.
My little lady has been having problems in the potty department...again...The specialist that has been patiently working with us off and on the past 3 years suggested that we might want to see the a new pediatrician. This was just to rule out any biological problems. So yesterday began a new thing. Along with the pee trip they had us go to the x-ray lab. Curious I know. The x-rays actually came up with something. Let me tell you what I have learned.
Most of the problems my little lady has been experiencing lately have been due to constipation. The Dr. said this explains a lot. It explains why she has been having problems with wetting and solids. The wetting because she has a ball of...you know sitting on her bladder, and like someone who has had children, when it bounces just right or anything it causes her to lose it. Also it explains the solids not being so solid. there is liquid stuff that works its way around the ball of build up(which stretched muscles down there causing lose of feeling. So many answers were found, I am glad that it is only this. Not that it isn't a big deal, but it isn't things that I imagined. (You know how our minds can conjure up these crazy things.)
So back to the bizzaro thing. The Dr asked us to keep her off of dairy products until she was able to clean herself out. At school she has a drink of milk everyday. This morning when I dropped her off I went in and told the secretary she would be unable to have dairy products for a while. This is what blew me away, she told me she would need a note from the doctor stating that and they would not allow her to have fruit juice, instead she would have to have water....What? Back when I was a kid they only need Dr. notes for medicine and days missed, what is this world coming to? So if we were vegetarian, or vegan would she need a Dr. note for that too?
Crazy.
I take it that you didn't hear about the day care that refused to let a kid eat the lunch their mom packed, because it wasn't healthy enough.
ReplyDelete