Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Perfect Plan

With the past election in the past, I will say that I was hoping to give Romney a chance. With that said I want to point out the obvious: The sun rose again the next day, and it was a beautiful day. While I was a bit disappointed that things didn't go as I imagined they would there is plenty of comfort out there to keep me smiling.

First, I have a wonderful family, and though I tease them that I would change some of them for gold fish...it is simply not the case. My children bring me smiles all of the time(even in those moments of mischievousness), and my husband is my very best friend.

Second, which should probably be first, (or at least tie with it) I have a big brother with a plan. With the help of our Father it is the perfect plan. It is so perfect that if I put my whole trust in it I have nothing to worry about (D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.")That does not eliminate frustration, pain and shed tears. It does however mean that if I endure to the end and do my part he will be there to take my hand when I am feeling alone and possibly even helpless.

Third look outside, among the chaos that we bring into the world, if you look up there is a beautiful sky. After each rain storm comes a beautiful rainbow. When I was a kid I loved running out in the rain and playing in it. I would imagine I was a mermaid, or a princess, What happened to those days? Sometimes we get so busy we miss the rain, the rainbow, the the beautiful clouds. *sigh* There is so much to remind us of a loving Heavenly Father. It is okay to stop and take it in once in a while.

Fourth, which could tie with first second and third, is the knowledge that I am a daughter to a King. So all of the pretending when I was younger of being a princess...well, there was more truth to it than I realized. And with my Father being a King, He is a King that keeps his word. He is bound when I keep my word. Comforting...I think so.

To close, I will share a quote I love:

"The future of this world has been declared;
The final out come between good and evil is already known.
There is absolutely no question as to who wins 
because the victory has already been posted on the score board.
The only really strange thing in all of this is
that we are still down here on the field trying to decide 
which teams jersey we want to wear!"
~Elder Jeffery R. Holland   

No comments:

Post a Comment