Today I had a smart looking young man come by. It turns out he is a sales man for "The Living Scriptures". Right off I let him know I was not interested. I want the scriptures to be real for my children. Not fictional. He asked me to listen to his spill so he could at least get credit for it.
The sales pitch used was something about how my children would know and understand the scriptures even better than myself...I would be able to use these videos for my family home evening lessons and discussions... if I signed up today I would get some real great bonuses!!! The bonuses all sounded great, but I would be locked into this monthly purchase for at least 4 years...no biggie, if my husband and I ever encountered problems financially they would let us have a 3-4 month window before the payments came again.
If I wasn't interested in that offer, he could sign me up for a college one where for the exact same price, minus the bonuses I could get the same contract but instead of every month for 4 years I would only be obligated to every-other month for 8 years! What a deal! Sign me up! NOT!!!
I asked the young man, if this was so much in my interest why they don't go down in price and put these in a store where I can purchase them at my leisure, my convenience. Instead of $30.00 each why not at least compete with Disney for $20 dollars each, and $15 for new releases?
Does he not realize there are so many blogs out there where you can get ideas for FHE free? Gosh, the church has a great little ditty they have added for the "Friend". At this web site they have pictures and games you can print off for FREE! Not only do they provide activities for the children, but they go along with what the children are learning in Primary. (*sigh*)With the Internet there are so many things at our disposal, and most of it free.
To say the least I was not sold. Afterwords he asked me if I would give him some names of other people he could harass. Nope. I'm not that kind of friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment