Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Just Be Held

I came across this song by Casting Crowns last night. The timing was perfect. I have had this theme on the brain a lot lately. Many times in life I have found myself feeling comfortable. Shortly after recognizing this it seems that things change unexpectedly and go in a direction I hadn't planned or sometimes things just become uncomfortable.

Through these times of change and discomfort I am learning that when I turn to the Lord the storm may not instantly cease, however, through Him I can find peace, comfort and direction. He helps me ride out the storm a little more gracefully. I am finding as I go through these storms there are lessons I can take from them. I am not always graceful, and it is okay. I don't always understand where things are headed, and that too is okay. However when I turn my trust to the Lord I can usually look back and see his steps along side mine, I find insight at times, comfort at others, but He is there and He understands. He is Patient with me and loves me, just like the next person. He loves my imperfection.

So instead of fighting Him all independent like, thinking I should be able to do it on my own, or like I have something to prove. I should take a breath, step back and allow Him to hold me. Allow myself to be taught. I need to be humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment