This year is going to be an exciting one for me! My parents are moving closer! Yes! I might even have a sister move closer! I can't begin to express the joy I am feeling at the moment!
The thought of this is so heart warming, because I grew up surrounded by my mom's family. My Aunts, Uncles and cousins were all close enough that we could go to each others baptisms, missions farewells, homecomings, thanksgiving dinners and get-togethers several times a year. I have warm memories of going to my grandparents and picking fruit off their trees, or working in my grandfathers wood shop. There are memories of sledding down the hill in my aunts back yard or digging for China. I remember watching my younger cousins during the summer months and throwing them in the drier (No worries, we added plenty of pillows and blankets to keep from any harm occurring...this was back in the day when all you had to do was hold a button with your finger and turn it on as well.) There are memories of cousins playing house, and beauty salon to top things off.
I know things will nott be just like back then, but I also know that my children will have to opportunity to make memories of their own, and I can hardly wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment