Today during the sustaining of our church leaders there were some Nay Sayers in the audience. When I first heard them it caused anger. These are men I love. I am grateful for the sacrifices they make, and the love for our Savior they have and share with those who are willing to listen. The anger subsided as I listened to the hymns and talks that followed however.
These individuals went in without an understanding of Gods plan. I hope they heard the words spoken. I hope they heard the music. They do have the right to their opinion. We all do, that is what we fought for before this life, and that is what we are fighting for today. We are all brothers and sisters experiencing this life with what we have been given, but also what we put into it.
For me when I sustain my church leaders I am sustaining my Savior as well. As I pray for my leaders I realize that they are there to lift me to higher ground, to bring me closer to my Savior and His outstretched arms.
True Leaders, men called of God, Men who have God's agenda at heart share truth. If you question this truth there is a living God who hears and answers prayers. Ask for yourself if what they say is true. If you don't want to make this effort, I respect you. but please respect them as well. Respect should not be one sided. It should go both ways. I realize in this world there is a side that doesn't see this as possible. However it is not God's side.
I know with my heart that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is the true church. I know that it was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God, and that through reading and studying it we can come to know Christ and the plan of salvation that has been prepared for us. I also know that Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet today. I know the men who serve with him are also called of God to direct His church here upon the earth. I know this because I have asked and received my witnesses. In Christ's name. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment