One of the things I enjoy most about this season of life are the little things.
My little lady is growing up quite fast. The blue gray of her eyes sparkle when she smiles, or when she is thinking of mischief. She has a wild mane of hair, and it is full of beautiful curls. She is amazing with color and art. Her creativity astounds me. The example she sets for me is in how she cherishes everything that crosses her path. Flowers, rocks, butterflies, crayons, markers, straws, Popsicle sticks, these are just a few of the things that tickle her fancy. When flowers are blooming in the yard you can bet I am going to find a jar or two of them placed on my table of cupboards to brighten up my kitchen.
My little man is growing up. He has a love for stretching his legs. he will race anyone who is willing to race him, as far as they are willing to go. That smile of his just warms my heart, It gets me just about every time. Oh, and he has this crooked little grin it brightens my day each time I see it. While he can be as stubborn as an ox at times, he has a tender heart and is sensitive to all those who cross his path. He loves to help others and help them feel accepted. I love when I am watching a show with my little man and he cuddles up next to me.
My little guy I love it when he climbs up on my lap and lets me rock him. Or when he puts his little arms around my neck and gives me a warm hug. Oh, I love those hugs! I love the little kisses he gives me on the cheek after I have given him one. My hubby says our little guy is good at anticipating what others need. He is. When you need a little bit(or a lot) of help he loves to be at your side trying to assist and make things a little lighter. It is funny, because when you look at him he looks like a Dennis the menace type. Actually if you had a few moments to observe him, he acts like him too. But his heart is sweet as gold.
One last thing I enjoy are those moments when my children are playing together, everyone is getting along and enjoying the attributes the other brings to the table. When that happens I get a small glimpse of heaven on earth. A small glimpse that warms the heart, Then I remind myself of what a blessed mother I really am.
No comments:
Post a Comment