I had a great birthday this year! For some reason I have struggled to enjoy my birthday the past couple (my husband might say "several") of years. Don't get me wrong, my husband and children have gone above and beyond to make it memorable. It is all me.
If they do too much I am upset, if they ignore it I am hurt, it has kind of been the dreaded time of year for me and the family. I am not sure why I have such a hard time with it. My family might all agree though that I have been a stinker to say the least.
This year I asked my husband for a veggie tray(I know, pathetic.) with two birthdays within less than a week of mine I am burned out on the thought of any more sugar by time mine rolls around(this has been the cause of some of my past frustrations.) My husband couldn't bare the thought of getting me a veggie tray, he refused the idea. I understand it, I mean who wants to go to work and brag to his colleagues that he bought a veggie tray for his wife (that may insinuate he thinks I am fat or something.) So I went to bed a bit...aggravated.
On my birthday I made plans to hang out with one of my friends. We scrapped and just had a nice time visiting. That evening I returned home to a clean front room, dinning room, kitchen and family room. To top it off my hubby had a bouquet of flowers and a fun card. He and the children threw me a party instead of cake we had a pinata...which when busted open turned out to be stuffed full of VEGETABLES!!!! It was brilliant! We went in and had several gifts which included Epsom salt with Eucalyptus oil, pens for writing in my journal, an ice cream scoop, and a red hat (to make me look beautiful).
As you can see, it was a great day indeed.
Oh! For a cherry on the top my hubby made a delish dinner Italian dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment