After I posted my last post it was like nature had to try an prove me wrong. Don't get me wrong, I do love being a mom. However there are days I feel like I could just pull my hair out!
I know, really that would accomplish nothing...well, early baldness, and a tender scalp. Really nothing else though. Okay, I might look a little goofy as well.
Sometimes I have to remind myself to take a step back and observe my children instead of live in the moment. When I am able to do this, it makes it just a little bit (or a major lot) easier to appreciate their cleverness, and love their individuality, and enjoy being their mom. Like for example...
When my little man has just been mouthy all day and I tell him he needs to be nice. He informs me it is his job to be naughty...ugh! (I think he stole that line from me, Can I have it copy righted? There are times I tell him "it is my job as a mom to be mean sometimes". For instance when I have to give him a time out, swat his little bum, or give him the look that only a mother can give.)
Or how about the time I wanted to relax and craft, only to find my daughter has all of her things all over the room, and by time I have cleaned a spot the little guy has decided he was done with his nap. (I find out all of the cards she had made are for "her favorite person in the whole world". That person just happens to be me and she has written "I love you" on everyone of them in her best handwriting. May I add she also used her "best" stickers and glitter glue. And embellished with hearts and flowers, some drawings of us hugging...it warms my heart.)
And then there is the moment I just feel like I need to get out for a moment and get a breath of fresh air. The Little guy(the one I am needing a breath from) decides he won't be happy with anyone but me and I have to take him...and his face lights up evey time I pull him out of his car seat, he clings to me and gives the biggest hug. Then as we walk into the store he sits proudly on my arm like I have totally and absolutely made his day as perfect as his day can be.
Those are the moments I hope to cherish forever as a mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment