Just to put this out there, I really do enjoy being a mom. There are days where I am "in the moment" and I wish my little tykes were a little older (or younger). However when I look at it standing back I really am enjoying it.
The two older girls include me in their going-ons once in a while. I feel special when they do. In reality I enjoy knowing they are okay and it is fun to hear their take on life's adventures. They are each so different from one another, it is fun to see how they view life.
My eldest son who married last spring to his best friend, (and perfect match may I add) will include me in his life a little more often, and I enjoy it. At the most random times I will receive a text suggesting a book I ought to read, or sharing something stumbled upon in his daily adventures. It warms my heart when I see a text coming from this young man.
Our missionary is having his struggles right now. It is funny, when I served a mission was compared to a bed of roses. When you look forward to it you see all of the beautiful blooms and blossoms. As you enter you notice there are thorns and sometimes the thorns are more obvious than the beautiful roses. However, when you leave the mission, you look back, and you notice mostly the beautiful roses. You remember the thorns but appreciate more the roses. (I think motherhood is much like this.)
Our teenage young man is just that. But when he is being "just that" he is the sweetest big brother. It is so much fun to watch him interact with his younger siblings. He is following the example of his older brothers and father. I am truly blessed.
My little princess is quite creative. She absolutely blows me out of the water sometimes with her creations. She can make just about anything out of just about anything. One of her favorite things to do is craft with me. The things she comes up with amaze me!
My little man still loves to cuddle once in a while. I have to admit I still love it. He is stubborn and very clever with the words he uses. He cracks me up all too often and keeps things light when I begin to feel the weight of what ever pressing in.
My little guy is full of mischief...that or curiosity. At any rate he keeps me on my toes from the moment he wakes till the moment his head hits the pillow. He is constantly getting into what ever I may have missed or accidentally left in reach or open.
Mostly I enjoy seeing their unique personalities. I love the hugs I receive here and there. My day has been made many times by either a phone call, text, letter, hug...I can't think of how my life could ever be richer. I love being a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment