Here is something I read on a blog. It reminded me of 2nd Kings chapter 6. It reminded me of many of the precious people the Lord has placed in my life. It reminded me that I am not alone in my experiencing different “races". It reminded me there are others out there who care. I hope it lifts you and I can remember this when I am feeling like I cant go any further. Read and enjoy...
“By the time I got to the last 100+ yards, I was completely overcome with emotion. And then, every now and then I'd hear my name. MY NAME.”
“Turns out some of you who I've never met were there (seriously, how cool are you?). And other people who I knew and stood along University Avenue right at the end to cheer me on and see me finish.”
“Something really interesting happens at the end of a race. You are spent and you want to quit. You might even consider stopping. Or walking the last little bit.”
“But, then you hear the cheers. And you cry. And that brings on more cheers. And then there is no way you are not going to finish...and finish strong. It's a pretty amazing feeling.”“I've thought a lot about that.”
"What would happen if every time you were faced with something difficult," I asked, "you could hear the cheers of everyone pulling for you?""What would happen if every time you stood in the face of temptation, all of heaven cheered you through it?""There is NO WAY you wouldn't get yourself to that finish line. There is no way."“It was a message I've never been able to share before in quite that way. Because I had truly never experienced it before in quite that way. It was one of the sweetest moments ever.”
“We need to be more encouraging of each other. We need to feel less awkward about acknowledging when something is hard. I wish we would allow ourselves to be more vulnerable so we are more willing to ask for support. And we certainly need to cheer louder and harder than any of the other influences in the lives of those we love.”“There is power in the cheers. And that power pushes us to do things we very well maybe wouldn't do otherwise.”“So...find someone this week to cheer on, will you?”
No comments:
Post a Comment