Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Little ones...

Last night my baby wanted nothing with sleep. We tried nursing and everything, he simply was not tired. It became apparent to me this was a time I could enjoy him un-interrupted. As I watched him, he discovered his toes, it was so much fun to watch him.

Children find happiness in the simplest of things. Maybe that is why we are instructed to become as children.

Some cues to this understanding are simple observances from my children. My little lady loves to go outside. Her imagination runs rampid outside! She doesn't need expensive toys, she will use a yogurt cup for a flower vase, and she doesn't need expensive flowers, the dandelions work great!

My little man just needs something with Wheels and he can play for hours. And my little guy, all he needs is his toes. I can learn so much from these guys. Now to apply what I have learned.

1 comment:

  1. Children are so sweet and if we can really pay attention to them their influence will be immeasurable. It is a good thing to be able to find joy and satisfaction in simple things but as an adult life just is not that simple. I love danelions in a yogert cup. I honestly love danelions, I think they are beautiful. My children bring me many all summer long and we place them in whatever is closely available and put them on the table as a senter piece. I am glad to have anything with wheels myself. I am not picky about what I drive nor do I ever dream of any particular car i am just dyeing to have! My Van is getting old and I have had to do some maintenance repairs lately but it is still running and every time I have to go somewhere I am consciously grateful for it. The other day Constance painted my toenails a pretty pale green that sparkles gold when I wiggle my toes. Last night my sister, Rachelle, and I sang together at an open mic night up in Milo Maine. Everything about the human body and all that it is capable of is fasinating and wonderful. But as a mother all of these things take on a much deeper responsibility then they do for a child. I can not be satified with danelions on the table. I have to be worried about enough food being on the table. Just having wheels isn't good enough. I have to worry about being able to pay for its maintenance and make sure there is gas in the tank so it can go. And something that has to be pushed or peddled would be useless to me. :) Even my gratitude for my body can not be as carefree as it was as a child. at 38 and struggling with fibromyalgia I have to be very concious about my health and what I do to my body. My health will have an effect on my childrens lives and their ability to have a carefree childhood. It is good to have our children around to remind us of the beauty in simple things but life is just not that simple in reality.

    ReplyDelete