I can hardly believe this year is almost to the halfway mark! Where does the time go? So many exciting things have happened this year or are in full-swing to happening, and they are all exhilarating!
I became a grandmother in January! Our oldest son and his wife added a beautiful little girl to our growing family! She has the most contagious smile! Our son and his wife are the cutest parents, they are doing great! The grand baby loves having her parents sing to her and she knows they love her to pieces. What more can a little one ask for.
Our Second daughter was unexpectedly swept away by the man of her dreams. It has been a pleasant surprise, and as a parent so fun to watch. He treats her like his queen, and she lives up to the title beautifully. They will be tying the knot here this month and we are so excited for both of them!
Also in January our Second son and his wife started a new adventure further from home. Luckily not as distant as the others. He is only 45 minutes away. It has been pleasant to see how he and his wife are becoming their own adulting selves. they are flourishing there, and everyone I talk to adores them almost as much as I do. I love it when others see in my loved ones what I see in them. even better is when they notice things I have not yet discovered. Seriously, the church is such a blessing!
Our oldest at home right now will be going into middle school this year! I am a little freaked out at how quickly these kids are growing and how life is in continuous change. Not complaining, it is fun to watch the kids flourish. I just wish there was a pause button, or slow button, that is all. I had been warned at how quickly things would go, however I didn't comprehend what that entailed, or that it applied to me as everyone else.
For mothers day our oldest planned a beautiful picnic at her mothers grave site with her siblings out there. I am sure their mother cherished the moment with her children close and those they are bringing into our family! We talked to our missionary, it was great hearing form him and seeing how he is growing, what a great young man! My children spoiled me as well.
I feel extremely blessed at this point in my life. I have an amazing family, both right here and extended. I am surrounded by wonderful people, friends and an extraordinary ward family.
No comments:
Post a Comment